Wednesday, April 15, 2015

WHAT ABOUT MY MASTERPIECE

Right now I am still working on my masterpiece, but in the planning process again. I planned and accomplished one event and am now on to planning the next event. I wanted to have the next event happen this Friday or next Friday, but there is way too much other stuff going on right now for that to happen and have it be a successful event for everyone. The event I am planning is a unified soccer game, where about ten special needs athletes will play with the varsity girls soccer team and have a night game, where families can come and support. This is a fundraiser, but more importantly an event for the special needs athletes to get the feeling of inclusion and be apart of something that all athletes get to experience, playing under the lights! Five of the special needs athletes will be paired up with about half of the girl's soccer team and the other five special needs athletes will be paired up with the other half of the girl's soccer team. Then on a Friday night the teams will have a game against each other under the lights with an awesome crowd to support them. So far, I have talked to the girl's soccer team and they are one hundred percent in! I also talked to the special needs teacher to see if she would have interested athletes and if there was a way of transportation to get these athletes to and from the game. We talked and decided that two of the teachers will take part in the event and be able to drive the athletes in vans to the game and home from the game. My next steps in making this event successful are finding a date, which will now be in late May after AP testing, advertising the event, and booking the stadium. With AP testing around the corner, softball season, and millions of other obligations it has been very difficult to get this event planned and going, but I know that in May it will be very successful and have a great turnout. Also, I explained how I wanted to do a dance where a special needs students attends with another student from any of the high schools. I may not be able to make this happen as we are running out of time, but I will try my best to see if we can make it happen in early June. That's my progress so far and hope everyone reading this will come to the soccer game in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment