Monday, August 18, 2014

REFLECTIONS ON WEEK 1

1. I don't believe that anything will affect my participation in this class. I always have access to a computer and to the internet, as well as a smart phone. My family is totally on board with what I am doing. Transportation is not a problem. My schedule is going to be extremely busy, but I am determined to fit everything in and school will always come first.
2. My learning experience was outside the school room, but will relate back to what happens in the classroom. Freshmen year I was always worried about how I looked, who I hung out with, where I hung out at. I finally realized one day at lunch in the quad that I don't need to follow those people, or where clothes like those people, or talk like them. I realized that I should be myself and act how I am not like others, which many people do and don't realize it. Most of my class was there, although no one really saw it because it happened internally for me. I learned to be myself and more importantly stay true to myself whether others like it or not. This relates to the classroom in that I began to think on my own and share my ideas more openly because I wasn't afraid of being rejected. I believed in what I was saying and didn't want to take other peoples ideas or try and use their thoughts. I had my own thoughts and own feelings about things after that experience. I may have not realized it as much in that moment, but over time I realized that I did what I wanted rather then following others to have friends. This helped me to develop who I was and who I want to be for the rest of my life.
3. My number one concern in this class is missing an assignment because I didn't see it or quite understand it on the blog as this is new to me and little difficult to get used to. I am excited to start a new way of learning and using the blog which is actually a hand saver, literally. Also, I am excited to interact with my classmates in a deeper way. In prior years we would all get homework we would all go home and do our homework and turn it in. Not once did we see other people's work unless we needed help. Now I can, at any time, look at one of my classmates work in order to get a deeper understanding or a different view then what I thought. I look forward to learning to adapt to a new way of things. I also hope to learn skills that would be required at a job and also vocabulary and writing techniques that will enhance my writing and reading comprehension. As for the specific literature points, it will help me to pass the AP test, be successful in college and also be successful throughout my life whether it be for a job or something different. For the more life pertaining aspects, I believe that they will help me to get into a good college and help me throughout my entire life. For instance starting a new job or moving to a new town. All these things that I hope to learn will hopefully stay with me for the rest of my life. My goal is to remember my senior year as something extravagant maybe because of something I did in this class or maybe because I was inspired by something in this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment