Tuesday, October 7, 2014

GREEN EGGS & HAMLET

1. All that  I know about Hamlet is that he returns from school to find that his father is dead and that his uncle is now married to his mother. Hamlet's uncle killed Hamlet's father in order to marry his wife and be King. Hamlet sees the ghost of his father and begins to go crazy. He tries to prove that his uncle is a murderer, but no one believes him. Many believe that Hamlet has gone crazy.
2. I know that Shakespeare is a very advanced writer, which often makes it hard to understand and interpret. I know that he writes extremely good stories that have a very good message, but that it is extremely difficult to find that point and the main ideas of the story without the guidance of someone who has studied him for many years. I like the overall stories that I have read from Shakespeare, but I do not like the process of getting to that point.
3. Many students do not like Shakespeare because it is difficult to read his plays and takes a lot of time and effort to understand his plot and purpose. For my personal feelings, I really do not like to read these stories only because I do not like the flowery language. I am a writer that is more straightforward and too the point rather than including figurative language and creativity.
4. I would like Dr. Preston and my classmates to help me by letting me know if my interpretations are correct or if what I infer is the same as their inferences. I often think the text is saying one thing and it means another thing. The thing that could help me would be to let me know when I am wrong or when I am on the right track. Also, this type of language is very difficult for me. So helping me to get used to this language so that I can comprehend and understand it later on in life would also be very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment