Monday, January 26, 2015

Interesting Conversations Day 2

We talked about the same thing...

In class today, we talked about the journal and how Dickens brought out the real side of all his characters. He showed the evil side everyone no matter what class they were from or what their background was. We also talked about how Dickens has more of a bitterness towards the wealthy, but that they are not the only evil ones because the convicts and Orlick are also evil and of lower class. Although Dickens shows both sides of most of his characters, he seems to focus on the evil sides. Hannah mentioned that maybe he sees people on the side of road and uses them as his characters in his book. We also talked about the lecture yesterday. Although the lecture provided a lot of information and helped with the novel, it was kind of disappointing that the whole book was presented to us. I wish we would have had a chance to read the novel and discover some things on our own before the whole thing was presented to us. This may be strange to us because we have never done lectures on a book before we read it. I will reference back to the information given in the lecture, but I feel like I didn't have a chance to have my own interpretation because one was already given to me. This is helpful in the way I can clarify things when I don't understand, but I feel like that is something to be done at the end of the book or during the process. In our conversations about our lit terms, we shared our remixes with each other. I chose to link pictures to each of the words and I explained the most interesting picture to me which was a knot that represented denouement. Hannah explained how she made online flash cards and put a link to her blog, which was also very interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment