Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Progression of Masterpiece

My masterpiece is coming a long very well. I wanted to do a unified soccer game which I have planned for late April. I just started planning this event today. Half of the varsity girls soccer team will match up with about five special needs athletes and be one team and the other half of the varsity girls soccer team will match up with about another five special needs athletes. This event will be held on a Friday night around 5 o'clock and will work as a fundraiser and as an exciting event for our athletes. I am working out getting the stadium reserved with the ash teacher and the athletic director. The teams will practice maybe twice the week before the event at a lunchtime practice. We will provide transportation for the special needs athletes after the game. This event will be very enriching because it allows those with special needs to be in a normal environment which makes them feel included. This will take up a lot of my time for the next month, but in late May after AP testing I hope to plan a dance for those with special needs to have dates with students from Righetti or other high schools. More will come about this event. My passion is to help those with special needs reach a feeling of inclusion and I will continue to plan events and work to make this happen until they reach that satisfaction. This is extremely important and something that makes life a lot easier for those with special needs. Let's make everyone feel included! 

No comments:

Post a Comment