Thursday, March 26, 2015

TOBERMORY EXPLAINED

I believe the overall theme that this line implies is that in the beginning of the story the guests are saying the only reason that they invited Cornelius was to watch him embarrass himself and do "clever" things. In the end all of the people that judged and were stereotypical were punished by the cat. I believe this has a theme of revenge. Cornelius was trying to say if you are going to look at me like that and judge me by my reputation then I am going to give you this astonishing achievement and have it mortify each and every one of you. The German man being killed was an act of revenge for him judging the elephant that he really knew nothing about. I believe that the overall tone was kind of witty or humorous. It was also a little harsh and indifferent because when someone dies there is supposed to be a sense of sadness and melancholy, but in this line the author is saying death, ha take that almost. It's almost like when some one is rude to you or criticizes you and then you come back and correct them and you just want to say take that b****. (this happened to me today, but I didn't say it, it took a lot not to though)

1 comment: