Thursday, September 25, 2014

Character Study 1

I walked into a campus that seemed to suck you in as soon as you set foot into the area. Millions of people surrounded me and I went from the well-known girl in high school to a dot in the mix of thousands of others. The nerves kicked in it was my first day and I had gotten in to my dream school. I was now a bruin, but I knew no one. The way that I kept myself calm was by reminiscing on my difficult yet exciting journey to this point. It started with the beginning of my senior year which was incredibly stressful and chaotic, but my personal statements, SAT scores, grades and scholarships would all pay off in the end. After submitting my application I dreadfully awaited my acceptance/rejection letters. It was March 20, 2015 and my letter from UCLA had just arrived. I remember it like it was yesterday. Calmly I opened the letter and saw that I had been accepted. All my hard work, late nights, volunteering and academic achievements had finally paid off. Soon enough I was driving to Los Angeles and would be dropped off without seeing my family for what seemed to be an eternity. Tears, nausea, excitement, fear, every emotion ran through my body. I said my goodbyes and prepared for my new life chapter. Now I stand here today going to my first class at my dream school and I couldn't be more happy and proud that I have finally reached my goals. I am now living my dream and can't wait to see what my new college chapter will bring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment