Thursday, September 18, 2014

Masterpiece 1

For my masterpiece, I decided that I want to do something that involves the entirety of society interacting with those with special needs. This may be difficult to think of something that will truly make a huge difference. Also, there are already a lot of events that are happening everyday that include what I am trying to accomplish. But I feel that there are only select people who really try to interact with these individuals and make a difference and what I want is to see a difference within the whole of the society. I don't want it to just be that handful of people anymore, I want it to start with my class of 2015 and then I want it to move to school wide, then California, wide and eventually worldwide. I want to make a difference for those with special needs because they are truly amazing people and deserve to be treated just as any other individual in society. I believe that it needs to start here and with our generation. We need to work to make them apart of our lives and make a difference for them. Just by these simple actions as having a dance where everyone finds a Special needs date, or a school gathering where we hang out and play sports with them, or whatever it may be, our actions truly impact their life and their motivation to keep striving. So at this point I am working on what big event will truly make a difference and spread throughout California and maybe even the United States!

No comments:

Post a Comment