Monday, September 15, 2014

Declaration of Learning Independece

I believe that every person learns in a different way or style. For me I learn something by reading or looking over it and then the words and concepts are printed into my brain. I have a photographic memory. Other people learn in a way that when they listen to someone talk they can remember every word and that's how they memorize and learn things. There are also students who need to listen, talk, and do hands on things with others in order for them to learn. Since everyone learns in different ways a teacher must hit all styles of learning to ensure success from his students. Another idea to help students with different styles is to give options to students. Teachers never really trusted students enough to give them an option, rather they would give specific instruction and force the students to do it. But what if a teacher said you need to learn about this story and you will be having a test on it next week. You must find a way to become familiar with that story. So some students will get the audio and listen to the story, others will read it out loud with each other and collaborate when they are unsure as to what is happening, and others will simply do their own thing and read it on their own. This freedom is difficult for us in that we have never been presented with it before. I think that it is going to help myself and my classmates to get a good grasp on techniques and other things that we will need for the AP test and life in general. Although at times it gets difficult without structure, I think that it will help me prepare for college and also introduce me to a new and more helpful type of learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment