Wednesday, September 3, 2014

WILL STUDY FOR FOOD

The scholarship that I want to apply to is called the Coca - Cola Scholars Foundation. The award for this scholarship is 20,000 dollars. The qualifications for this scholarship are:
1) you must be currently a senior in high school (check)
2) a Us Citizen (Check)
3) anticipating completion of high school (check)
4) planning to pursue a degree at a US accredited institution (check)
5) carrying a minimum GPA of 3.00 at the end of your junior year (check)
The Scholarship is due October 31.
I need scholarship money to help me pay for all of my college expenses for the next few years. I not only live in a single parent home, but I also have another sibling that has been in college for three years already, which has been a financial struggle for my family. Now my mom will have two students in college. Although my brother has loans and help from our dad, it is the miscellaneous and "extra" expenses that add up. Another reason that I need this money for is because after I earn my Bachelors Degree, I want to further my education and pursue a law degree. Law School is extremely expensive and will just be adding on to what ever debt that I may have from undergraduate school. Although my mother makes a descent amount of annual income, she does not have a lot of money "hanging around" to pay for both mine and my brother's college. This is why I will apply to as many scholarships as possible and work extremely hard to get all the money that I can. My goal is to have at least half of all my college expenses paid for through scholarships. With at least half of the cost paid for, I can then use the money I have been saving and work to pay of the rest of my expenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment